I provide psychotherapy and counseling for young adults, adults, couples, and families with a wide range of difficulties, including:
- Chronic Pain
- Divorce & Blended Families
- Fertility Issues
- Grief & Loss
- Parenting & Family Issues
- Spiritual Crisis
- Relationship Problems
- Religious Issues
- Work & Career Issues
My practice is LGBTQIA friendly.
Your privacy and right to confidentiality are protected by the law and the American Psychological Association's Code of Ethics. All communications between a client and a psychologist are protected. Information about you or your treatment cannot be disclosed without your written consent. There are three exceptions to this rule:
- In the case of suspected child abuse or dependent adult/elder abuse, I am required by law to notify the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a patient threatens serious bodily harm to another person, I am required by law to notify the police and the intended victim.
- If a patient threatens to cause imminent harm to himself or herself, I am required by law to ensure their safety. I make every effort to enlist the cooperation of the patient in insuring their safety, but if they do not cooperate, I may have to take additional steps without the patient's permission.
The above exceptions are rare. You can be confident that I take your right to confidentiality seriously.